Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cambridge Chapel Fire

(Click on the above title to view a Boston Globe video.) Help Christina, I have got to learn how to link to video and websites. I am still learning how to blog.

My sister called Sunday afternoon with sad news. Her son, Michael heard that the Cambridge, Massachusetts Ward Chapel had been destroyed by fire. I attended church in that building from 1969 to 1973. My two oldest children were blessed in that ward. I have many memories of Boston and ward activities in Cambridge. It was a lovely building just off Harvard Square and across the street from Longfellow's home. This has been upsetting news. I hope it will be rebuilt to resemble the old building. Burns and Brenda attended the same building while he was in law school. An article said that 22 fire engines and 80 fire fighters responded to the fire. It is in close proximity to many homes. The Institute of Religion had a library in the building. The video shows how they saved the library.

2 comments:

Abbigail said...

so sad and so scary. I hope no one was hurt and that they can repair that lovely building.

Ryan said...

Did they ever determine what caused the blaze?